Information about Cefiquik 100mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Cefiquik 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, ear, bone, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
- Product composition:
- Cefixime (100mg)
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Cefiquik 100mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefiquik to cure your infection and improve symptoms. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Discontinue Cefiquik and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing. Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools. If you're on blood thinners, Cefiquik can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cefiquik 100mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Cefiquik 100mg Tablet is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
- Faq for medicine:
- What is Cefiquik and what is it used for? : Cefiquik is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for treating many infections, for eg: infections of the ear, throat (e.g. tonsillitis, pharyngitis), chest and lungs (e.g. bronchitis, pneumonia) and urinary tract (e.g. cystitis and kidney infections).|Is Cefiquik used for diarrhea? : Cefiquik has not been indicated for the treatment of diarrhea. Please talk to your doctor if you have diarrhea before taking any antibiotics.|Is Cefiquik a cephalosporin? : Yes, Cefiquik belongs to a group of antibiotics called 'cephalosporins'.|Is Cefiquik safe for infants? : Safety of Cefiquik in children less than 6 months of age (includes premature and newborn infants) has not been established. Please consult your doctor before starting any antibiotics in children.|Is Cefiquik a penicillin? : Cefiquik is not a penicillin. It belongs to a different class of medicines known as cephalosporin and it works in a similar way as penicillins. However, they are different antibiotics. Please consult your doctor regarding their use.|Does Cefiquik cause diarrhea? : Diarrhea is a common side effect of Cefiquik. Diarrhea has been more commonly associated with higher doses. Stop the medicine if you have severe watery diarrhea that will not stop and you are feeling weak and have a fever. immediately consult your doctor.|Does Cefiquik cause constipation? : Constipation has not been reported as a side effect with Cefiquik. Please consult your doctor in case you experience constipation while taking Cefiquik.|Does Cefiquik cure chlamydia? : Cefiquik is not effective against chlamydia infections, so, it is not used for its treatment. Please consult your doctor if you have been diagnosed with a chlamydial infection.|Does Cefiquik contain penicillin? : Cefiquik is a cephalosporin which has an action similar to penicillins but it does not contain any penicillin.|Does Cefiquik cover pseudomonas? : No, Cefiquik is not active against pseudomonas. Most strains of pseudomonas are resistant to Cefiquik. Please consult your doctor if you have pseudomonas infections for the appropriate antibiotic treatment.|Does Cefiquik contain sulfur? : No, Cefiquik does not contain sulfur. Please check the package leaflet (patient information leaflet) before using any medicine for its contents.|Does Cefiquik cure syphilis? : Cefiquik is not active against the bacteria (Treponema pallidum) which causes syphilis. So, it is not used for the treatment of syphilis. Please consult your doctor if you have signs and symptoms of syphilis.|Does Cefiquik cure gonorrhea? : Cefiquik can be used to treat uncomplicated gonorrhea caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae (both penicillinase and non-penicillinase producing bacteria). However, always talk to your doctor if you have any infection as it should be diagnosed properly by a doctor before the start of antibiotics. Never take antibiotics yourself.|Does Cefiquik treat typhoid? : Cefiquik is not indicated for the treatment of typhoid by the government regulatory authorities. However, Indian Academy of Pediatrics recommend the use of Cefiquik in children for uncomplicated typhoid fever. It is hence, advisable that you must take the antibiotics for typhoid fever only when it is recommended by your doctor. Do not take antibiotics yourself.|Does Cefiquik affect birth control? : There is no evidence of cefexime affecting birth control (contraception). However, interactions may occur and Cefiquik may affect the action of birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a extra birth control measure while taking Cefiquik.|Can I take Cefiquik with azithromycin? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Cefiquik and azithromycin. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Cefiquik and doxycycline together? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Cefiquik and doxycycline. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Cefiquik with paracetamol? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Cefiquik and paracetamol. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Cefiquik with folic acid? : Folic acid can be taken with Cefiquik as no drug-drug interactions have been clinically observed between them. However, interactions may occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
- Rs 10.00