Information about Xipil 100mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Xipil 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, ear, bone, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
- Product composition:
- Cefixime (100mg)
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Xipil 100mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Your doctor has prescribed Xipil to cure your infection and improve symptoms. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Discontinue Xipil and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing. Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools. If you're on blood thinners, Xipil can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Xipil 100mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Xipil 100mg Tablet is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
- Faq for medicine:
- What is Xipil and what is it used for? : Xipil is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for treating many infections, for eg: infections of the ear, throat (e.g. tonsillitis, pharyngitis), chest and lungs (e.g. bronchitis, pneumonia) and urinary tract (e.g. cystitis and kidney infections).|Is Xipil used for diarrhea? : Xipil has not been indicated for the treatment of diarrhea. Please talk to your doctor if you have diarrhea before taking any antibiotics.|Is Xipil a cephalosporin? : Yes, Xipil belongs to a group of antibiotics called 'cephalosporins'.|Is Xipil safe for infants? : Safety of Xipil in children less than 6 months of age (includes premature and newborn infants) has not been established. Please consult your doctor before starting any antibiotics in children.|Is Xipil a penicillin? : Xipil is not a penicillin. It belongs to a different class of medicines known as cephalosporin and it works in a similar way as penicillins. However, they are different antibiotics. Please consult your doctor regarding their use.|Does Xipil cause diarrhea? : Diarrhea is a common side effect of Xipil. Diarrhea has been more commonly associated with higher doses. Stop the medicine if you have severe watery diarrhea that will not stop and you are feeling weak and have a fever. immediately consult your doctor.|Does Xipil cause constipation? : Constipation has not been reported as a side effect with Xipil. Please consult your doctor in case you experience constipation while taking Xipil.|Does Xipil cure chlamydia? : Xipil is not effective against chlamydia infections, so, it is not used for its treatment. Please consult your doctor if you have been diagnosed with a chlamydial infection.|Does Xipil contain penicillin? : Xipil is a cephalosporin which has an action similar to penicillins but it does not contain any penicillin.|Does Xipil cover pseudomonas? : No, Xipil is not active against pseudomonas. Most strains of pseudomonas are resistant to Xipil. Please consult your doctor if you have pseudomonas infections for the appropriate antibiotic treatment.|Does Xipil contain sulfur? : No, Xipil does not contain sulfur. Please check the package leaflet (patient information leaflet) before using any medicine for its contents.|Does Xipil cure syphilis? : Xipil is not active against the bacteria (Treponema pallidum) which causes syphilis. So, it is not used for the treatment of syphilis. Please consult your doctor if you have signs and symptoms of syphilis.|Does Xipil cure gonorrhea? : Xipil can be used to treat uncomplicated gonorrhea caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae (both penicillinase and non-penicillinase producing bacteria). However, always talk to your doctor if you have any infection as it should be diagnosed properly by a doctor before the start of antibiotics. Never take antibiotics yourself.|Does Xipil treat typhoid? : Xipil is not indicated for the treatment of typhoid by the government regulatory authorities. However, Indian Academy of Pediatrics recommend the use of Xipil in children for uncomplicated typhoid fever. It is hence, advisable that you must take the antibiotics for typhoid fever only when it is recommended by your doctor. Do not take antibiotics yourself.|Does Xipil affect birth control? : There is no evidence of cefexime affecting birth control (contraception). However, interactions may occur and Xipil may affect the action of birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a extra birth control measure while taking Xipil.|Can I take Xipil with azithromycin? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Xipil and azithromycin. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Xipil and doxycycline together? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Xipil and doxycycline. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Xipil with paracetamol? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Xipil and paracetamol. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Xipil with folic acid? : Folic acid can be taken with Xipil as no drug-drug interactions have been clinically observed between them. However, interactions may occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
- Rs 10.00